Sunday, December 19

that Healing Feeling

For #reverb10 today the topic is healing. What healed you this year? Was it sudden or slow evolution? How would you like to be healed in 2011?"

With no real physical ailments to speak of in 2010, I will have to approach this from a different angle. As such I took a minute to look up the word "heal" because I've found so many times that an assumedly straightforward word is far more beautifully complex than I realize. I was not disappointed with my foray into the depths of heal.

For 2010, my healing would be of the "cleanse and purify" brand for my whole self in relation to the difficult, emotional, life-changing events of the past 15 months. This was definitely an evolution that likely still isn't complete.
So for 2011? Heal: to restore, reconcile, mend. This kind of healing is a restoration of two components of myself - the all-dominating logical, meticulous, efficient self and the eager-to-grow creative, soulful, intuitive part... good thing I've got 365 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment