Sunday, December 26

photogenic finds

From yesterday's www.reverb10.com reflective prompt I have decided on the photo-of-the-year, well, the portrait of me of the year. However, first I would like to say in this era of "profile pictures" I find myself pondering the great numbers of self-portraits and images on the whole of myself. It's very strange. I mean, when you think about it there is really no use for most of the pictures but they exist in such prolific numbers that I have to admit I question the purpose... but I have digressed. Here is the prompt
Photo - a present to yourself. Sift through all the photos of you from the past year. Choose one that best captures you; either who you are, or who you strive to be. Find the shot of you that is worth a thousand words. Share the image, who shot it, where, and what it best reveals about you.

There are two photos - courtesy of Kelly Rosborough (on Picasa & with the Bokehccino Project)
Bathtub Part 1
 I had always wanted to have pictures taken in a bathtub... with something besides water in it. So for the first attempt I suggested shoes (the only think I could think of that I would have enough of to even get close to filling said tub) however, in subsequent shots I have used books and I was quite a bit happier with that since the quantity of shoes has nothing to do with my love for them whereas the quantity of my books is only a fraction of my loving for them. But I do feel this was the fun and creative self that I hope to display and cultivate.
&
Inner Strength  in an Autumn without a Fall.
Yoga in the park in the fall. It was perfect AND that I could attempt this pose (side-crow) without falling off the picnic table and with the two birds flying over the river in the background? Priceless. And even more so since I didn't have to make a health insurance claim for a broken nose or something... I think this, again, is a great shot by Kelly because it captures one of my favourite seasons with an activity I am very fond of and will be taking a 4 week training course for in early 2011.

2 comments:

  1. love the last image,
    yoga or other exercises are cool to one's health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings, how are you?

    Welcome join us at potluck week 16, with theme as celebrations and festivities..

    Feel free to claim awards via the link below…

    Awards 4 potluck week 16


    We value your support, Have A blessed Holiday!
    Best Wishes 4 the year of 2011….
    Next Potluck is January 9, 2010,
    Please Don’t miss this golden opportunity to shine!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete