Thursday, December 16

Friendship

So here's the December 16th prompt - How has a friend changed you or your perspective on the world this year? Was this change gradual, or a sudden burst?

There were so many friends both bursting and gradually changing my perspectives this year. Transforming  confusion to opportunity with their own stories and coming out of unexpected places just when I needed them.

One of the experiences I am most struck by is more of me being a witness to the change of a friend. She grew, quite literally into a first-time mother. I really did not expect to be so impacted by it but I felt it was not only an amazing transformation of her but also a display of such Realness and Beauty that I couldn't help but be moved. I have never thought of the capacity to have a child in such an awe-inspiring and truly miraculous way but I really felt it. This is not to say I will be manifesting any such experience for myself in 2011, but to be able to observe the pregnancy progression to the tiny infant was totally inspiring. And for that I thank my dear friend; the growing hope and love that she showed resonated with me and gave me more hope and love for, as cheesy as it is, the whole world.

I'd say that was a bit of a perspective changer.

Thanks #reverb10!

1 comment:

  1. online and real life friends are different..
    love your reflections.

    ReplyDelete