Tuesday, December 28

Two verbs and a Reverb

Two verb must be a reverb... so I am doing two reverb posts today - achieve & celebrate.
from today: Achieve. What’s the thing you most want to achieve next year? How do you imagine you’ll feel when you get it? Free? Happy? Complete? Blissful? Write that feeling down. Then, brainstorm 10 things you can do, or 10 new thoughts you can think, in order to experience that feeling today. I am looking at achieving something slightly, inherently difficult to quantify as an "achievement" but think the changing of the frame of mind today with the 10 things would be useful: relinquishing control... well excessive control of the old ego in quotidian situations. By this I mean not go crazy and give up self-control but rather give up the need to be "in control" of every aspect of my day and life.

I'd feel at ease and free. Sounds good to me!

10 Things I can do or Thoughts I can think to get this started today:
- not put everything (anything?) into my schedule/calendar with warning alarms.
- no worring about how much time there will be for the activities in the day (which leads to)
- planning fewer things in the day
- not think of multiple solutions or possibilities for every situation or question
- laugh more (because that always just happens)
- listen to silence
- not interrupt people or "help finish sentences"
- not gather more information, just consider what I already know or have experienced
- make decisions with intuition
- not argue just to be right or get the last word

December 27th's prompt was te celebration of ordinary joy. Ordinary joy. Our most profound joy is often experienced during ordinary moments. What was one of your most joyful ordinary moments this year?

There are many moments of ordinary joy, especially since I decided to "find the beauty in ugliness." Sometimes though those moments aren't exactly joy as intrigue or inspiration. But one such moment would be when I read or listen to messages or emails that are lighthearted, well-articulated and somewhat unexpected - an email from my cousin, a voicemail from my Grandmother or the first emoticon I ever saw my dad send! All those things of wonderful people reaching out and connecting with you is a shining sparkle of joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment