Self-proclaiming from the mountains: "I am a Mundane-a-holic!" and so are many others... but only when we get to let our imagination and sense of wonder venture ahead to make all necessary translations.
My top-nine celebrations of the mundane include (in no particular order)
- small-town obsessions with having a sculpture of the "world's largest" something or other (examples in the province of Alberta check this out, but a personal favourite of mine is the Dragonfly in Wabamun)
- people who are excited and creative in their 'should-be-benign' business emails
- an Umbrella Cover Museum on Peaks Island Maine, USA
- optimism in current events (YES! and Ode Magazines)
- chicken noodle soup made from powdered chicken stock & any recipe you know by heart or would never tire of eating
- the Pop Art movement
- good ideas (such as most of TED)
-things I learnt from the book "The Art of Pilgramage" by Phil Cousineau (his wikipedia entry) which made me realized ALL of life is just travel
- and Sharing!! We should really all do more of it (i.e. Shareable Magazine)
Sometimes I forget these are a few of my favourite... well... things - that inspired me to focus on being a life-tourist.