Tuesday, January 4

Today watches the Future

Amidst all the excitement and celebration of the new year and all the change I hope it brings I h e begun to feel more of the uncertainty and instability that is not only inherent but also somewhat unnerving.

I am not in control here. So that's what it feels like! And the one thing I've learned already? If others are feeling bombarded, blind-sided or blown away too it's best to acknowledge what of those feelings are, in fact, theirs and not yours. I'm working on that one...

Bombarded Blind-Sided Blown Away

Thin strips of Future
dangling fading
in and out of view.
Here I sit
stunned and gazing
as the Past
stares right through
and I do too.
No names for all the waving slivers
clear or fog
I reach for few

watching o'er weakness,
unclear distinctions floating past
witness to waking
subtle quaking
compensating
for blurry recognition of the strips I've cast.

My Future bands now sewn up tight
I pass through motionless
soft sheer of time
bombarded
blind-sided
blown away
by that, as named, Today

dressed in foreshadows
reflecting on light.

Poem by LyndiaP January 3, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment